Question for Rekluse owners

5 replies to this topic
  • comtnrider

Posted March 31, 2009 - 06:25 PM

I just recieved my Rekluse Pro today and am planning an install this weekend on my 07 WR450. I was wondering what setup works best for you? I see the Med/Hrd is recommended initial setting. Is this working for most? We have a lot of tight technical trails here in Colorado, however a lot of open country also. Just looking for any recommendation from current users. Thanks RB

• bmah

Posted April 01, 2009 - 05:33 AM

I :thumbsup: have the same bike, same rekluse. I went with the standard setup recommended by rekluse. Riding technical rock, root strewn trails with a rekluse is akin to cheating! You will be pleased with this setup. Don't forget that the bike will freewheel when the engine speed drops to idle, a quick blip of the throttle will re-engage the clutch and restore engine braking.

• Roger_Steck

Posted April 01, 2009 - 09:57 AM

I have an 07 WR450F and ride mostly technical single track. Tight stuff. I started with the Med/Hard set up but did not like it because it would free wheel down hills. Changed to Low/Hard and loved it. Then I could go down hill with the clutch in and let the clutch out and have engine braking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • comtnrider

Posted April 03, 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the replies. I went with the recommended setting and go from there. Just finished the install, quick and easy. Will have to wait till tomorrow to do the break-in as more snow is moving in. Thanks again, RB

• maincrash

Posted April 03, 2009 - 03:58 PM

I have the rekluse in my 07 wr450 installed with the recommended settings and love it I had to use the thicker plate after the half hour break in

• ASternad

Posted August 30, 2009 - 11:30 AM

Just installed the Pro in my 09 WR450. Went with the Low/Soft setting initially.
I've read (on the Rekluse site) that the Low/hard setting is more prone to stalls. Has anyone experienced this?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.