Clutch (neutral) switch 09 WR450F

9 replies to this topic
  • n19dg2

Posted March 31, 2009 - 05:07 PM

I am on the fence here and not sure what to do. I put on a new clutch perch and lever from Works but the new assembly does not have the slot for the neutral switch. Those of you that have changed your perches what did you do with this wire? If I leave it alone the bike will only start if in neutral..is this the best option vs. cutting it and splicing it together?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 31, 2009 - 06:23 PM

cutting it and splicing it together?

i did this (well actually i pulled the plug and then installed a U shaped wire end in the female side of the plug...i did this so if i every wanted to go back to stock i could)

• tribalbc

Posted June 11, 2010 - 04:47 PM

i did this (well actually i pulled the plug and then installed a U shaped wire end in the female side of the plug...i did this so if i every wanted to go back to stock i could)

You wouldn't have a pic of what you did possibly????
I want to pull my switch but it would be nice to leave it replaceable.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:54 AM

You wouldn't have a pic of what you did possibly????
I want to pull my switch but it would be nice to leave it replaceable.

Ill get ya a picture in the next couple days. I bought my first home and the move has put things in places I can seem to find them :thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted June 12, 2010 - 05:10 PM

I bought my first home and the move has put things in places I can seem to find them :thumbsup:

Congrats :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2in2out

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:16 PM

Mine came with the wires spliced together and tucked under the speedo, and plug still in place. I intend to shrink tube it together to clean it up.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:48 PM

Congrats :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Here is what I put in the female side...it fits like a glove, its quick easy and removable :lol:

Once you put it in, just use some black electrical tape and tape it up

Posted Image

• 2in2out

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:55 PM

Simple....Elegant....Simply superb!!!

• tribalbc

Posted June 12, 2010 - 08:16 PM

Thank you!

Here is what I put in the female side...it fits like a glove, its quick easy and removable :lol:

Once you put it in, just use some black electrical tape and tape it up

Posted Image

Perfect, thanks :thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 13, 2010 - 01:32 PM

Simple....Elegant....Simply superb!!!

It really is that simple!

Perfect, thanks :thumbsup:

You're welcome my friend :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.