Getting a yamaha wr450f, need help deciding

3 replies to this topic
  • homer2000

Posted March 31, 2009 - 01:19 AM

:usa: :lol: hi im looking at getting a new bike, i have a yamaha ttr230 at the moment,
Im looking at getting the wr450f,:thumbsup: i dont race or anything but i love speed and want a bike that handles good on the trails
I want the bike to be able to cruise through tight terrain but i want the speed on the streets
im not going to ride the bike on the road, going to set it up for dirt only
Then there is the factor my mate says to get the yamaha yz250f because there a dirtbike not an enduro bike and they are lighter.
Please help me deside on which one to get:banana:

• cubby

Posted March 31, 2009 - 12:04 PM

I fyou are in to racing buy the yz but I would opt for the wr because of having lights is always a plus. Just my .02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted March 31, 2009 - 12:41 PM

a wr you can plate without spending 500+ on a stator
the 450 is "tricky" to ride tight singletrack, but if your not going to the track dont even think about a MXer

• jandmsuburban7

Posted April 08, 2009 - 02:39 PM

If you like the TTR , the WR 450 will feel like a rocket ship and handle twice as good as the TTR. I cant say too much cuz of riding styles but the 250 is lighter on the fly but I would never have one in comparison to the WR 450 cuz of the torque, HP, etc. The 250 doesnt have enough power for me. What I liked best about my friends race YZ250 was being able to throw into the corners faster. jason

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.