first bike! 2000 yz426

4 replies to this topic
  • dgnretj

Posted March 30, 2009 - 08:18 PM

just got it this past wed. and took it out to Hollister Hills friday and saturday! ive been riding mostly quads and fairly new to 2 wheels. i decided on getting the 426 because im 6'4" 240 and i didnt want a bike i was gonna overgrow! anyway this thing rips! reading these forums helped alot! i went to see the bike and the guy selling it didnt even know the starting procedure! i gotta get the suspension redone for my weight, and my clutch grabs really fast which will take some getting used to especially if im on tight trails! thanks for the help all and see you guys out there!

:thumbsup: :usa: :lol:

• dgnretj

Posted March 31, 2009 - 10:32 PM

heres a pic of the bike :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odlaw19

Posted March 31, 2009 - 10:58 PM

Nice work! My first big bike was a 2000 YZ426. Loved it and especially the mid range hit!

have fun :thumbsup:

• dgnretj

Posted March 31, 2009 - 11:09 PM

yeah thanks man i cant wait to get out again! ive been reading around the forums and i guess the 00 clutch was really grabby and i just have to switch to 01 or 02 parts to fix that.

• geoffro

Posted April 01, 2009 - 11:19 PM

Fore the clutch issue you can check if the clutch basket is worn. Sometimes they end up with grooves from the clutch plates, but can easily be filed away.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.