New Graphics

5 replies to this topic
  • wesherman

Posted March 30, 2009 - 06:48 PM

I just ordered all new graphics for my 99' yz400f, just wondering some tricks to getting them on and right the first time.

• Nickster914

Posted March 30, 2009 - 06:49 PM

I just posted a thread similar to this...

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 30, 2009 - 07:22 PM

I just ordered all new graphics for my 99' yz400f, just wondering some tricks to getting them on and right the first time.

Its a fairly simple process that I just did as well.
Read:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=406463

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdrata

Posted March 30, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Small ones are relatively easy; the big ones get a large bucket mix warm water with a tiny bit of dish soap, pull off the adhesive backing and dip the entire graphic into bucket. Pull out and place on plastic. It will slide around a bit, as it dries it will get tackier; press it into the proper location and work any bubbles or wrinkles out, set in sun to dry. Rear fender, lightly cut center backing two sides 1" width down the middle (careful not to cut too deep into graphic) pull 1" piece off, place on fender utilizing the 1" exposed part of graphic, once centered, pull sides off one at a time and slowly press and guide balance of graphic down on each side.

NEVER use hair dryer or heaters!!! All they do is overstretch graphic and it WILL wrinkle.

• TapptOut

Posted March 31, 2009 - 12:52 PM

Windex and lots of it!

• grayracer513

Posted March 31, 2009 - 01:46 PM

NEVER use hair dryer or heaters!!!

I wouldn't go that far. Used prudently, a little heat can solve a lot of problems.

An example is where a shroud graphic won't roll over the edge of the shroud and stick. A little heat will make them much more cooperative.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.