How to remove speedo assy from 07 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • godzilla123

Posted March 30, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hey all, my name is Trevor. I have an 07 WR450 and i am looking at removing all the un-neccesary wiring from the speedo area ( speedo inc ) it has the on off button that is there also. I want to basically remove everything i can and put a normal number plate there insted of a light.
I reall want to remove everything on the bike that doesn't need to be there, i.e. battery, speedo, o/flow bottle etc. Any advise on what i can and cannot remove would be greatly appreciated.
P.S, dont know if it means anything but i am from Australia. Thanks

• Dube2

Posted March 31, 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hey Trev, A lot of guys have talked about doing the same thing, do a search. I think it's more work than it's worth?, just my $0.02. So why go through all that trouble? get a YZ. Origianlly most guys wanted the 5-speed tranny but now the YZ'z are comming with it. You'll never get the 20+ lbs off the WR to make it compare to a YZ. The WR's typically have very cushy suspension and not track worrthy till you spend $1K+ to track it. Heck, I think even Ty Davis used a WR on some of his 24 hour endurance rides. I could be wrong? Oh Ya, the WR has a slightly racked frork angle for high speed desert runs. Not the ultimate set up for closed course track. I assume your asking so that you can track it?

Hope I wasn't off topic? Good Luck:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • godzilla123

Posted March 31, 2009 - 12:10 PM

Yeah thats where i ride mostly. I just got rid of my 05 YZ450 so now i may be regretting it. Just want to put a number plate on it reall and hopefully lose a few KG

• erickdj

Posted March 31, 2009 - 01:02 PM

Yeah thats where i ride mostly. I just got rid of my 05 YZ450 so now i may be regretting it. Just want to put a number plate on it reall and hopefully lose a few KG

You'll need a spacer to take out the speedo mechanism from the front hub, do a search, I've seen that posted before on this forum.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.