doing valves/shims got a ?

No replies to this topic
  • 89coptzer

Posted March 30, 2009 - 06:04 PM

well i finally checked the valves on the bike and found out they where out of spec so i shimming them. well i noticed on one lobe on the intake came their is some light scuffing i guess from over tourqing the caps or lack of oil. i also noticed that on the cap and head where that lobe is located their is also light scuffing of course. i was wondering if it would hurt anything to hit these with a grey scoth pad or very fine sandpaper to clean them up a little. nothing major just a little. if so i was gonna do that and then run the motor a little while then change the oil to make sure no debri is floating around in their. as this is the first 4 stroke bike ive owned im still kinda new to this. by the way its a 98wr400f. i so got ripped on this deal, oh well. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.