Life insurance and racing

1 reply to this topic
  • dieseld

Posted February 25, 2003 - 07:51 AM

How many of you have tried to apply for life insurance and been the "good guy" and admitted to racing ?

I just did so, thinking that if I explained the truth, that I race 1 event per year, it should not affect much. My original quote was $500 annually for a $1 million 20 year level term, but the underwriter came back with a price of $5000 annually because of the fact that I race that 1 event. They said that they cannot exclude the event, and that if I had lied and said I don't race, and they found out that I did it would void the policy leaving my family in a terrible spot.

I grew up racing, and I want to continue to do an event or two per year but I can't do so at the expense of my wife and young kids. Did anybody else find an insurer that allows us to have a little fun without quoting unaffordable rates ?

Geeesh, responsibility sucks. I remember when my biggest dilemna was which tires to run and how much pressure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racemile

Posted February 25, 2003 - 10:13 AM

I havent tried to get insurance after telling them that I race. I quit smoking at the beginning of the year to get my rates down.

In the meantime, We have opted for life insurance on all our debts. The other can do what needs to be done if there are no bills to pay.

If you find one let me know, I would be interested.

Thanks,
Jason "racemile" Mighell

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.