450X: What's the RPM red Line.....

6 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted March 30, 2009 - 08:55 AM

...And the useable RPM range...Thanks

• skoot22

Posted March 30, 2009 - 10:02 AM

I believe 10,000 and 10,500 with the pink wire mod.

Oh and it's all usable

• phuzz

Posted March 30, 2009 - 12:04 PM

RPM redline is way past the powerband, and way past where the power falls off.

You can tell by the sound of the engine, and the seat of your pants...literally.

As skoot sez, it's around 10K.

Useable, to me, is midrange, where there's gobs of power, and the engine isn't wound out. :thumbsup:

• IvanCRF

Posted March 30, 2009 - 02:46 PM

mine topped out at 10060 RPM.

Posted Image

I posted pics of dyno charts so you can see where the usable power is on this bike. you'll see the power drop at 8k.

CRF450X_Pink_Wire_Mod_rpm.jpg
Posted Image

CRF450X_Pink_Wire_Mod_HP_Torque1.jpg
Posted Image

[CRF450X Dyno Baffle and No Baffle with JD Jet Kit (HP)

Posted Image

The pink wire as said above, adds about 500 rpm and is not an advisable mod with regards to engine longevity. the pink wire mod adds no gains in power because as said by phuzz, it is way past where the power drop off is.

• Mountainman650

Posted March 30, 2009 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for posting the Dyno chart, now I know I won't gain much revving past 8k rpm's...:thumbsup:

• dirtdudeaz9

Posted March 30, 2009 - 07:27 PM

78....? thats it???!

come on ivan I know you've got more!!!! Maybe you should try 5th gear?:thumbsup:

:usa: :lol:

• IvanCRF

Posted March 31, 2009 - 06:35 AM

78....? thats it???!

come on ivan I know you've got more!!!! Maybe you should try 5th gear?:thumbsup:

:moon: :moon:

:confused: :excuseme: :banana: i was looking for the elusive 6th gear!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.