question about Texas street legal conversion

3 replies to this topic
  • huskyrider

Posted March 29, 2009 - 08:30 AM

Hey gang it's good to see you guys again, I haven't been in here in as long as I can remember.

I've got a pair of WR426's that I broke out of the shop yesterday which haven't been ridden in about 4 years. I was going to sell them but after riding them again and researching the sale prices I feel their worth more in the stable than what I feel they'll sell for.
I think I'm just going to buy some Baja street legal kits and put some street legal dual sport tires on them.
Are there any Texas members here who can walk me through the steps to get the plate and inspection process?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

See ya,
Kelly

• spidennis

Posted March 29, 2009 - 03:36 PM

you first need a title, one way or the other!
I ended up getting a "bonded" title ........

then you have to have "street bike" insurance
and have your bike ready for inspection.

take the title, "green" inspection sheet, and insurance,
along with your cash/checkbook/debit/credit card
and walk away with your new tags.

do a search and you'll see lots more
and this is by far the best mod you can do for your bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskyrider

Posted March 30, 2009 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the insight, I did a search but didn't have any luck on finding a Texan.
It sounds pretty basic
1st purchase insurance
2nd get a Texas motorcycle inspection
3rd take the form showing the bike passed inspection to the county tax assessors office, then show them the off road title and insurance cad too.

See ya,
Kelly

• spidennis

Posted March 31, 2009 - 07:21 AM

be sure to check out http://www.twtex.com/

hi/low switch for headlight
brake light, either front or back
horn, mirror, license plate light
dot tires

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.