What kind of tire???

7 replies to this topic
  • WR_Man

Posted February 24, 2003 - 06:35 PM

I have been reading about all these tire and i would like your opinion on what tire to get. i live in washington state and ride in all kinds of conditions i like trail riding and there are alot of rocks and roots but i also like riding on tracks and sand. what kind of tire should i get.

02' WR426 no baffles doing grey and blue wire mods.

• wrenduro450

Posted February 24, 2003 - 07:31 PM

well i have had a wr426 and now have a wr450. Since I work at the local yamaha shop , I have tried alot of tires.I've shredded alot of them. :) The combo I use is like your own ground,sand,loamy dirt, rocks,etc. What lasts the longest for me is a mt44 front pirelli and a 401 bridgestone rear. great combo. Irun alot of harescrambles and enduros. :D :)works great for me . AA class in iowa

• Stumpy

Posted February 25, 2003 - 04:20 AM

While we're on the subject, I can get Bridgestones for any Thumpertalk member for $50 front and $55 rear plus shipping. I race the SETRA hare scrambles, so I can deliver to those races. I will also be doing the southeast GNCCs this year. If anyone is interested, email me at stumpdoggydog@hotmail.com

• lewichris

Posted February 25, 2003 - 05:18 AM

question is do you want to schred an expensive tire or a cheap tire. Cause in my expierience my $40 cheng shins lasted a bit longer then the $70 M12 Michelin's. Just a thought. the 755 is a 25-35 dollar tire and it works great for me in dirt, docks, rocky diry mud, and hell i even took it in the sand one time. No problems that i can report. But then again i dont Race at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DsrtRdr

Posted March 03, 2003 - 06:21 AM

I have tried many tires and have found the D756 Front and D739AT rear the best combo. I ride extremely hard pack rocky terrain and desert sand...works great. The D739AT is damn near bullet proof.

• David_Gronlund

Posted March 03, 2003 - 11:07 AM

I just found my next favorite tires, the Michelin S12. I did a desert race last weekend that had everything, silt, hard pack, wet hard pack, sand, gravel, and it hooked up everywhere. The wear seems almost non-existant after a 70 mile race WFO. I am very impressed. It impressed me most on the hard packed bloove groove stuff, even when it got wet. It hooked up like a street tire on the pavement.

I also like the S12 front, but I've heard rumors of soft side walls, so I use the M12 in front instead. Its pretty good also.

• John_H

Posted March 03, 2003 - 03:23 PM

The D739AT is damn near bullet proof

My buddy runs a 739AT. That's what I'm trying next. I've been through 3 tires (755's/756's) and he's still on the same tire. :)

• Hick

Posted March 03, 2003 - 05:42 PM

Antother vote for 739 AT for rocks and hardpack, but it isn't that bad in soft stuff. Wears well, and is nearly flat-proof.

You can tell it is tough when you mount it. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.