Another Crested Butte CO trip

4 replies to this topic
  • mikeolichney

Posted August 15, 2002 - 01:06 PM

We did a three day trip to CB this past weekend, had 8 thumpers there, several from TT. The trip worked out so well that I am going to do another at the end of September. Here is some info:

THE PAST TRIP: We bagged several high peaks and rode lots of fast singletrack the first day, 68 miles long. The second day was tougher, steep singletrack, 42 miles long. Then we rode two-track over to Marble through the Devils punchbowl for a easy 3rd day of 63 miles.

PRICES AND ROOMS: Same deal for September, $60/per room single occupancy of three nights. If you bring your wife/girlfriend its $70 for double occupancy. Most of the rooms are queen beds with a full private bath. There isnt really space to have two guys in a room with a queen bed. If that $60 price is too steep PM or call me about another option. I am also trying to keep the size managable so consider it one rider per room. If you want to bring wife/kids that ride, I have master suites (a king and a sleep sofa that rents for $100). Check my "web link" above for details on the house.

OTHER INFO: Someone pointed out to me that I need to make something clear. This deal is run on the massage parlor model. (You know, a guy goes in and pays $100 for the massage, and if something happnes after, because he was paying for the massage ONLY, its not prostitution). You are paying for the LODGING, not a guided trip. I don't have the insurance, forest service permits or business liscences to run a guided trip. If you want to ride with me thats fine, but you are free to do your own thing. If you crash and hurt yourself I am in no way responsible.

I think the last guys had alot of fun, hopefully some of them will post on what they thought and how I might improve things.

You can call me at 303-548-0488 if you want to talk to me. First come, first served.

• LarryCO

Posted August 15, 2002 - 02:05 PM

Mike,
Myself and a few others will be heading out that way the weekend AFTER Labor Day weekend. Probably roll into town on Thurs or Fri. If you'll be around, let us know...and we'll get some riding in together. Probably camping so accomodations are not required (thanks for the offer).

Late

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted August 15, 2002 - 04:38 PM

Aahh dude, I want to go!! Was planning on Taylor Park late Sept, but golly, this would be cool too. I'll have to check the schedule and get back :) ....

Dodger :D :D

• mikeolichney

Posted August 16, 2002 - 06:57 AM

The weekends after Labor Day weekend are booked already (7th-14th) as is Labor day. The ride will probably be the weekend of the 28th, TH-FR-SA or FR-SA-SU nights.

• neWRiver

Posted August 16, 2002 - 12:23 PM

Mike, that was an awesome trip. Well worth the drive from Phoenix. The lodge was VERY nice and the price was cheap. The riding was spectacular. :D

I won't be able to make the September trip, but I hope you will make this a regular offering. I'll definitely come see you again next year.

I can't think of any improvements, but I like your idea of having some "massage parlor models" around. (j/k) :D

Seriously, Mike did a good job of "letting us know" the good places to ride. Just the right amount of challenge and we had a good group of guys. I hope to hook up with all you guys again sometime.

I would highly recommend this trip. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.