Anybody race the Adelanto GP

3 replies to this topic
  • Wilson-1

Posted February 24, 2003 - 05:38 PM

I am wondering if anybody raced the Adelanto GP this last weekend and what you thought? How was the race. What did you guys think of the new course and layout? Any comments, fire away.

• secretatlas

Posted February 25, 2003 - 07:07 AM

i skipped it. i figured i could go to glen helen and practice for the prarie dogs gp and miss all the crowds since everyone would be at adelanto. glen helen was a mud bog for the first couple hours of the morning.

how was adelanto?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wilson-1

Posted February 25, 2003 - 01:00 PM

Race was good. The pro-race on Sat was won by Abbot. Rummor is he was clocked way over 100 mph down the back straights. All in all a good race lots of action to watch, not alot of dust.

• irondude

Posted February 26, 2003 - 07:38 PM

I raced Sat and Sunday. Last year the BRP was a good choice for this race, but the course was much shorter and much of the wide open stuff was not included this year, so the BRP had a bit of a weight handicap over the woops, motocross section. I was once again wondering why I dont get a CRF450.

That said there was a fair number of 650's. Johhny and Steve ran the smaller bike Sat and the 650 on Sunday. Johnny was ahead of Ty for most of the team race, but handed off to Steve who didnt have his game face on. Ty passed him. Johnny got back on and went for it, but couldnt catch him. I guess the BITD year long ban for Ty is over?!

Course was well prepared, often watered. Great jumps, burms, etc. DVipers did another great job. Lots of desert rats out and about.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.