Radiator Leak

6 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted March 28, 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi from out of the blue my right side radiator started leaking ,not in motion it has been in my garage for some time...
pulled it out to find the reason ,the fluids are sibling out from the bottom..it looks undamaged
the bike is 2009 yz450f and i had an crash in december and havent really eaven used it...anyway i quess it has an unvisible crack somewhere and
i got ot buy an new one, so my guestion is that has the mountings changed at
some point or can i just get an radiator from 2005 up...and they all fit..:thumbsup:

• Pilfer8

Posted March 28, 2009 - 12:52 PM

take it to a rad shop and try and get it fixed 1st! Save yourself some $$$$$

• rusky

Posted March 28, 2009 - 01:21 PM

I used to work at a radiator shop and we fixed motorcycle radiators all the time. They should charge you between $20-$30 for the repair, thats a lot cheaper than buying a new radiator!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xorron5

Posted March 28, 2009 - 11:46 PM

Thanks guys i look in to that...i am not familiar with thailands radiator
fixing market...

• Pilfer8

Posted March 29, 2009 - 12:35 AM

didn't realize you were in Thailand! Send it out. It will still be cheaper. I searched some threads on TT for rad shops for you, but their all in NA. I'm sure there must be some out your way if you look. How is the riding there? Would love to see some pictures of the trails you ride. Cheers.

• husqy360

Posted March 29, 2009 - 12:54 AM

i had a rad leak in my car so i put some liquid in it and it stopet.

i dont remember the name but i still got the bottle, i can check it for u if u like.

• xorron5

Posted March 30, 2009 - 04:53 AM

i checkt e-bay and a new right side radiator is 98 usd and its better than the oem part reducing temp 25% more...i might go for it...
sending the rad back and forward will take time and cost heaps..and to fix
it poorly will propably not last anyway...
to the question of trails well the tracks for first of all are small and boring
there is no big tracks anywhere...trails are ok...but had an crash 4 months ago so still recovering for on month to get my muscles back in order..so havent been able to ride for that long...good side is u can ride year around
bad side its freacking hot especially with the gears on...:thumbsup:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.