how to ease clutch pull

45 replies to this topic
  • Wyatt

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:14 AM

I dont listen to what people on WR's say. If it were mine I would replace the cable and go to the improved design of the later model year.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Yea I tried the different clutch arms on my 03.(I had one modified as this was the trick back then - until the newer GYTR kit came out) I could not tell a tremendous change....the 03 clutch pull was just a lot more than the current 06 + 450s.
What made it better for me was a complete Hinson clutch with new springs ....the downside +$1000.00 :worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted June 25, 2009 - 11:40 AM

What made it better for me was a complete Hinson clutch with new springs

That's what mine had. :worthy:

I dont listen to what people on WR's say. If it were mine I would replace the cable and go to the improved design of the later model year.

Bear in mind, if you pursue this route, that it requires the purchase of the '04 release arm, since the arm rotates the other way, and is pulled from a different point, as well as the torsion spring and spring seat/retainer plate. Then there is the matter of the lower cable housing stop, which does not appear to be a part of the cable assembly (although it might be), and isn't listed elsewhere.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nussages

Posted February 05, 2010 - 07:15 AM

Posted Image

lmao!!!

Edited by grayracer513, February 05, 2010 - 07:38 AM.
dead thread, post adds nothing new

• mediumfast

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:00 AM

You probably won't want to hear this but your clutch basket might be notched. Those parts don't last forever and when they start to wear out your clutch isn't going to feel the same. There's no cheap fix for a worn clutch basket.

• Wikki

Posted February 06, 2010 - 08:34 PM

I would suggest a oem cable with a asv lever, that will make your clutch pull much easier.

Absolutely, AVS easy to install, easier clutch pull and adjust ability. Oh and looks cool, yeah!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.