Thinking of a new WR

2 replies to this topic
  • J-KTM

Posted August 15, 2002 - 09:04 PM

I'm thinking of maybe trading in my '01 520 ktm for an '03 wr. I was wondering what kind of things the new wr's offer. I haven't had any mechanical trouble with my bike, but I have always liked the wr's. I don't have a lot of info about them.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banffboy

Posted August 15, 2002 - 09:59 PM

I'm on my second wr, had a 98' and sold that and got an 01'. It's been a great bike very reliable. I know parts are a lot less for the wr. Has great suspension and I really like the brutal hit it delivers. You will want to change a few things that your KTM already comes with(ie Handlebars). The downside is that it weighs more. I'm pretty used to it now. I rode a buddy's Husky 360 the other day and it was much more "flickable" being a lighter 2 stroke.

Where do you ride? Waiporous? Mclean Creek? I ride pretty much every weekend. Send me a PM if you want maybe we could meet and swap bikes for a test ride.

• lewichris

Posted August 15, 2002 - 10:56 AM

dont think about it. Just do it. parts, avalibility, it is not orange. LOL

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.