Jetting and Oil Burn

1 reply to this topic
  • CuLayTur

Posted February 24, 2003 - 12:21 PM

I finally rebuilt my top-end from a worn ring and oil seal leaking problem. Before I did the rebuild, I was working on the jetting and seemed to get it pretty darn close even with the oil leaking into the cylinder. Now that everything is working the way it should my jetting is now off.

I was wondering, from my test rides the other day, from 1/3 to 3/4 throttle, coming out of a corner and rolling on the throttle, I now get a baaahwaaa type sounds and then start to pickup speed. When you are leaking oil into the cylinder, do this create a rich or lean condition? I would think rich, but I'm not sure. The current jetting specs are in my sig below with the exception of EKP in the 4 clip position instead of the 2nd. Also the altitude is 7200 ft with about 25 degree's outside.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LarryCO

Posted February 25, 2003 - 07:00 AM

I run that same jetting, but on clip position #3 instead of #4...especially when riding a bit higher than Denver tracks. Try that...and you might also consider bumping up the MJ to 155 or so, as that seems pretty lean for the winter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.