08 WR450F Jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • sniperjaggi

Posted March 26, 2009 - 11:11 AM

I have modified my exhaust, will remove the smog pump (TT AIS removal kit). I am putting the shorter throttle stop screw in. What should I jet this bike for riding elevations 3,000-8,000 feet? I read a lot of threads about jetting and found many dealing with the YZF or the WR250, but not many about the WR450. From what I did read I found the following suggestions.

Stock
170 main
42 pilot
70 leak

Yamaha GYTR Kit
165 main
48 pilot
90 leak

Any suggestions? If I buy the GYTR kit am I good to go? Any other suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 26, 2009 - 01:50 PM

I have modified my exhaust, will remove the smog pump (TT AIS removal kit). I am putting the shorter throttle stop screw in. What should I jet this bike for riding elevations 3,000-8,000 feet? I read a lot of threads about jetting and found many dealing with the YZF or the WR250, but not many about the WR450. From what I did read I found the following suggestions.

Stock
170 main
42 pilot
70 leak

Yamaha GYTR Kit
165 main
48 pilot
90 leak

Any suggestions? If I buy the GYTR kit am I good to go? Any other suggestions?

Check the wr450 jetting database, those jetting specs you listed are way off.
Start here: http://www.thumperta...650#post6128650

The GYTR kit is good if you want to remove the AIS pump, otherwise buy your own hand picked jets, since the jets in the kit are usually too rich anyway and you'll end up buying other jet sizes.

• sniperjaggi

Posted March 27, 2009 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the information. Looks like what I was looking for. I am ripping off all the smog junk and other restricting crap so I will likely buy the GYTR kit because that is what it is made for. I will keep track of the thread you sent me so if I need to make adjustments I will. Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.