08 yz450f pipe question

32 replies to this topic
  • 8upnmx

Posted March 31, 2009 - 09:49 AM

No one says anything about re jetting the carb. or anything, I have stock 09 yz450f and in a recent dirt rider mag. they tested 3 different pipes on this year ( one being Dr. D) and they said theres no need to even touch the carb. that the carb. is that good on it this year. Is this true, just put on a full exhaust and thats it?

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted March 31, 2009 - 10:44 AM

No one says anything about re jetting the carb. or anything, I have stock 09 yz450f and in a recent dirt rider mag. they tested 3 different pipes on this year ( one being Dr. D) and they said theres no need to even touch the carb. that the carb. is that good on it this year. Is this true, just put on a full exhaust and thats it?

When I put my full yoshi system on the only jetting I did to make it run right was go up one size on the pilot. It runs perfect for me!

• Kasjok

Posted March 31, 2009 - 11:10 AM

It might have been a good set up for the conditions the test was held, but conditions vary greatly (altitude, humidity, temperature, the pipe itself).

• slinger09

Posted April 03, 2009 - 02:56 PM

What is the best slip on for an 08 450? That way I dont need to worry about the whole oilfilter bolt thing.

• theuberacer

Posted April 03, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hey I was just curious what issue that was, I'd like to see the comparison as I'm picking up an 08 YZ450 on Tuesday :confused: :thumbsup: :excuseme: :banana:

• erickdj

Posted April 03, 2009 - 04:06 PM

What is the best slip on for an 08 450? That way I dont need to worry about the whole oilfilter bolt thing.

Absolute cheapest option: 2006 stock muffler, very cheap on ebay.

$250+ price range: FMF, Pro Circuit, White Brothers, etc...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beaz

Posted April 03, 2009 - 05:33 PM

Did you buy a pipe yet??

• WILLIAMS37

Posted April 10, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Did you buy a pipe yet??

no, I'm buying mine next weekend. Its killing me though, I still haven't narrowed down which pipe I want.

• FiremanKay

Posted April 10, 2009 - 07:08 AM

so I could get more power out of a 06 pipe then the stock 08 pipe, just making sure I am getting this right

• mc1hd

Posted April 10, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Try to find a 06 head pipe and can, I purchased a brand new take off set for $100. Don't forget to replace the exhaust gasket as well.

• Wes Woodin

Posted April 10, 2009 - 01:17 PM

Great pipe... Only one draw back. The header goes across the top bolt of the oil filter cover, which means loosening the header each time to gain access to tho oil filter. Kind of annoying...
Performance wise, Awesome!

I aligned the pipe with an allen key in the screw so when time to access there was no alignment issues. This was on a 2008 yz450f

• WILLIAMS37

Posted April 10, 2009 - 01:20 PM

I aligned the pipe with an allen key in the screw so when time to access there was no alignment issues. This was on a 2008 yz450f

Can you post a pic? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.

• 8upnmx

Posted January 13, 2010 - 04:57 PM

If the oil filter nut is an issue why doesn't Dr.D step up & address it? Seems like an easy fix and would profit more from it. From what I read its one of the best exhaust out, but the least atractive pipes though. What the heck, after the first ride no one can tell anyway. Just say'n.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.