Rekluse clutch great, but...??

8 replies to this topic
  • Yamafun

Posted March 26, 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys, I just installed the Rekluse pro clutch on my '06 WR450. It seems to be doing great, but now I have a lot of 'decel popping' going on. It has all the stock jetting/exhaust on the bike - (even though I have the JD kit, just never installed it). I'm wondering if changing the clutch could have anything to do with jetting..??? And if not, why would I have so much engine popping now? Any ideas?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 26, 2009 - 06:42 AM

Hey guys, I just installed the Rekluse pro clutch on my '06 WR450. It seems to be doing great, but now I have a lot of 'decel popping' going on. It has all the stock jetting/exhaust on the bike - (even though I have the JD kit, just never installed it). I'm wondering if changing the clutch could have anything to do with jetting..??? And if not, why would I have so much engine popping now? Any ideas?

My guess:
You no longer have engine braking, so the carb vacuum has changed.

• slugman978

Posted March 26, 2009 - 08:07 AM

It is not the Rekluse making your bike pop on decel. Your jetting is too lean. Richen up your fuel screw. If you have to go past 2 1/2 turns out, then you need to go up to the next size pilot jet.

• oldmanx

Posted March 26, 2009 - 11:02 AM

The only time that you lose engine braking with a Rekluse is when you lock up the rear brake. A quick blip of the throttle will re-engage the Rekluse, restoring your engine braking.

Popping on decel is typically an exhaust leak. I just went through that on my WR450. I hadn't replaced the header gasket/donut when I changed headers. A new gasket and some high-temp rtv silicone between the header and muffler cured my popping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h20mn

Posted March 26, 2009 - 02:38 PM

what type of riding do you do, I also have a 06 and thinking of a rekluse. good things and bad things you like

• ears2244

Posted April 25, 2009 - 01:05 PM

I installed a rekluse z-start on my 08 WR450 and have a few questions. After you installed the clutch does the clutch actuator arm move freely? Mine moves around like there isn't any friction. Is this common? I then tried to install a rekluse clutch perch adjuster and after installation there isn't any play in the clutch cause the cable is too tight. I ordered a new cable but is this the right fix. Any advece will be a great help! Thanks

• Kirkster

Posted April 25, 2009 - 06:55 PM

I put in a Z-start pro in my 07 WR450 and am not noticing anything adverse. I had a regular z-start in my DRZ400 and ended up putting in a perch adjuster, I did not have to install a longer cable though.

I would give rekluse a call they are very helpful and worked me through an issue with my original z-start.

The pro was worth every extra penny in my opinion. I know that does you no good now.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

• ears2244

Posted April 26, 2009 - 05:19 AM

I'll call them tomorrow when they're open. Hopefully I can get this straightened out. On the 07 WR450 they have a cable upgrade for it but nothing for the 08. I think the instructions weren't updated and it left that part out. Thanks for your help.

• Kirkster

Posted April 27, 2009 - 04:17 PM

07 and 08 are the same bike...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.