any info on 2010 yz 450f

23 replies to this topic
  • bmwgooberguy

Posted March 25, 2009 - 06:49 PM

has anyone heard anything onthis bike yet!

• jjj109

Posted March 25, 2009 - 07:08 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=762198

• fastmq

Posted March 25, 2009 - 07:21 PM

all new bodywork new tilted engine an EFI is the rumor

• 02WR426Cali

Posted March 25, 2009 - 09:18 PM

Tilted like the Husaberg 450 or something less drastic?

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2009 - 06:17 AM

I would hope that they wouldn't use the Husaberg layout. It seems counterproductive to me. Their design lowers the head maybe an inch and a half, while raising the much heavier crankshaft 4-5". The only possible benefit I see to the scheme is that the center of the engine package can be moved a little forward, but if that's what they were after, they beat themselves when they moved the crank back. I'm afraid I don't get it.

• WILLIAMS37

Posted March 26, 2009 - 08:30 AM

All these body work changes make me mad. Seems like there is only a few years that graphics companies focus on a particular year/model. Graphics for my 05 are already limited enough. If they change them again I'll have the same situation with my 08 in a few years.

• Wiz636

Posted March 26, 2009 - 08:48 AM

I would hope that they wouldn't use the Husaberg layout. It seems counterproductive to me. Their design lowers the head maybe an inch and a half, while raising the much heavier crankshaft 4-5". The only possible benefit I see to the scheme is that the center of the engine package can be moved a little forward, but if that's what they were after, they beat themselves when they moved the crank back. I'm afraid I don't get it.

We're a little off topic here but...

I think part of their reasoning was that it allowed them to run the fuel tank much lower by basically swapping the fuel tank and airbox positions. While it is a somewhat heavy bike (250+) it rides very, very light.

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2009 - 09:16 AM

I think part of their reasoning was that it allowed them to run the fuel tank much lower by basically swapping the fuel tank and airbox positions.

Good point. One does have to look at how the complete package plays out. I give them credit for thinking outside the paradigm, in any case.

• INJURY_69

Posted March 26, 2009 - 07:41 PM

does the new R1 have a similar design?

• pj 351

Posted May 27, 2009 - 12:07 AM

Sorry to rain on your parade guy's, but this will give you some idea of what is coming in September :crazy:

http://www.thumperta...426#post8072426

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • deanmain

Posted May 27, 2009 - 04:54 AM

I read all the posts on 2010 model and see 2 things that might be a negative.. The header is close to the fuel tank and the bottom of the seat... Hot A**...ouch.... boiling fuel?? Any thoughts??

• e30M3

Posted May 28, 2009 - 08:22 PM

I read all the posts on 2010 model and see 2 things that might be a negative.. The header is close to the fuel tank and the bottom of the seat... Hot A**...ouch.... boiling fuel?? Any thoughts??

Add to that the fact there would be little airflow around the exhaust and it will be hot but that can likely be taken care of with shiny, reflective, metal tape. I believe some of the factory teams already use this on the bottom of their tanks...

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:11 PM

Add to that the fact there would be little airflow around the exhaust and it will be hot but that can likely be taken care of with shiny, reflective, metal tape. I believe some of the factory teams already use this on the bottom of their tanks...

So, you guys are saying that Yamaha would run a ≤900 degree pipe under the gas tank with no shielding? Let me say that I highly doubt that.

• KAS

Posted May 28, 2009 - 09:18 PM

They were trying to move the crank as close as possible to the center of the bike.

• grayracer513

Posted May 29, 2009 - 05:20 AM

That I understand, but they also raised it a good 6 inches in the process, which, intuitively, seems like the wrong thing to do.

As long as the bike handles well, it's OK.

• YamaLink

Posted May 29, 2009 - 05:29 AM

Apologies if this has been posted but I found some (real, not so?) info with at http://www.supermoto...ead.php?t=83763

• William1

Posted May 29, 2009 - 05:49 AM

So.... after all these years.... intake in the front, exhaust out the rear. Airbox up high, fuel down low. Who'da thunk it!

• grayracer513

Posted May 29, 2009 - 06:00 AM

Airbox up high, fuel down low. Who'da thunk it!

Not that unusual for sport bikes. Evolution.

• mxkid12

Posted May 29, 2009 - 06:00 AM

Wow it looks like they are doing some very creative or gutsy moves for this new bike. That tornado pipe thing is weird though:smirk:

• Davey762

Posted May 29, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Looks great. New 4 valve head.. wonder why the change? Also... kinda skeptical about the electronic shock, why the change there too? Obviously both are in theory better.. just looking for the justification.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.