where to get magnito flywheel puller for WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • pablo83

Posted March 25, 2009 - 06:37 PM

Where do I get a magnito flywheel puller for an 01 WR426? I found an old post with this exact question, but all the links were bad and I couldn't find the right puller anywhere on the sites.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted March 25, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Motion Pro makes one, but it's spendy. I use a Harmonic Ballancer Puller like this: http://www.harborfre...temnumber=37824

Just be sure that you don't thread the bolts too far into the flywheel or you will damage the coils. I made some spacers out of 1/4" Stainless Steel tubing to limit how far I can thread the bolts in.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted March 25, 2009 - 09:28 PM

Yep I used the same puller from harbor freight and it's works perfect. The harder part is getting the flywheel nut off without a holder or an impact gun. For that I put two bolts in the flywheel, put the closed end of a combo wrench around one and the middle of the wrench against the other. Not the best way to do it but I got it to work.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.