Jetting for Yuma AZ / CA

2 replies to this topic
  • WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 23, 2003 - 08:04 PM

Getting ready to head out to Yuma next week. Has anyone had the WR450 out in the Yuma dunes yet?
If so, how was it with a paddle of course.

What jetting worked the best for you?
Thanks,
Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dangler

Posted February 24, 2003 - 04:52 AM

YUMA!!! URGH!!! That has got to be the HOTTEST god-forsaken place on earth. I spent 6 weeks there in JULY and AUGUST about 6 years ago and all I can say about that place is 'F' that!!! I was working for an Army contractor then so that visit wasn't by choice and anyone that lives there must be out of their minds. I remember watching the weather there one morning and the high the previous day was like 128 flipping degrees.....temp outside before daylight was in the mid 90's, and that was every single day. That was INSANE!!! I've always heard people say the desert is a dry heat....well, so is a BLOW TORCH!!! And I think I witnessed the most violent thunderstorm of my life sitting in a HUMVEE out in the middle of the desert. And LOVE those dust storms too.....YEEEHAW!!! The only cool part of the trip....spending 6 weeks driving HUMVEES around the desert. I remember seeing the dunes you are talking about and seeing all the ATV's and bikes riding them....It does look like fun, and I guess this time of year the weather there is a little more bearable. Anyway, you brought back nightmares when I saw the word 'YUMA'....enough whining....GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!!

• Fistfull

Posted February 24, 2003 - 08:16 AM

Yea, well the forecast for today is for 64 lovley degrees.
July n August are when the jet stream brings forth humidity to the desert, not a fitting place for man nor beast then.
Anyone on the jetting question? The altitude is like 200 feet and the sand will work the engine harder than anywhere else on the planet. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.