Im New!!!!! Check It!

hey whats up guys, im new to this thread!? Youll probably be seeing me more on here because.....

I going to buy this this weekend..

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/1082943317.html

So im going to take it down to the frame and im going to poweder the frame the swinger and the tripple clamps (FALT BLACK) then going to make it a full supermoto bike. SUPER SICK!!!

I anybody has any good info please let me know what i should do, (matainance wise)

Thanks everybody for your help! oh yeah if you have a yzf supermotos lets see'um!?

ask the owner about engine maintenance (valve adjustments, etc) and oil change frequency, etc.

Of course the guy could bullsh!!t you but at least you might get a feel for if he kept engine maint up to snuff by asking him.

If it seems he hasn't checked valves, then that would be a good thing to do, and possibly replace cam chain. Those motors are tough though, they will take a lot before quitting!

ask the owner about engine maintenance (valve adjustments, etc) and oil change frequency, etc.

Of course the guy could bullsh!!t you but at least you might get a feel for if he kept engine maint up to snuff by asking him.

If it seems he hasn't checked valves, then that would be a good thing to do, and possibly replace cam chain. Those motors are tough though, they will take a lot before quitting!

so timing and a new timing chain. Awesome i look in to it.

Thank you!

Make sure they plug all of the holes for the oil filler and oil lines on the frame (the oil tank is in the frame) before they blast and powdercoat. Once you get it back, flush it thoroughly to remove any sand that might have made it's way into the tank. There have been some horror stories from guys who got sand in the oil and then in the motor! Here's a good linke to cleaning procedures:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298967

I did mine and used engine flush, then lots of paint thinner and then several quarts of cheap oil to flush anything that remained.

Good luck!

Make sure they plug all of the holes for the oil filler and oil lines on the frame (the oil tank is in the frame) before they blast and powdercoat. Once you get it back, flush it thoroughly to remove any sand that might have made it's way into the tank. There have been some horror stories from guys who got sand in the oil and then in the motor! Here's a good linke to cleaning procedures:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298967

I did mine and used engine flush, then lots of paint thinner and then several quarts of cheap oil to flush anything that remained.

Good luck!

sweet thanks ill look it over, good looking out:thumbsup: