top triple clamp from 06 yz

4 replies to this topic
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 24, 2009 - 10:09 PM

Will a stock top triple clamp from a 06 yz250 fit on a 05 wr450 and vice versa?

I know that the forks are both 48mm. I am wondering if they have the same offset or will I need to swap both top and bottom clamps.

• mikenash

Posted March 25, 2009 - 07:11 AM

I think the off set is different yz's changed from 05-06 year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eazrider

Posted March 25, 2009 - 01:40 PM

Except for the mount for the front #plate, my '06 YZ 450 top clamp works perfectly on my '05 250 2 smoker....

• yamikenn

Posted June 11, 2011 - 03:25 PM

how ? the 06 clamp according to yamaha they are 1mm apart from each fork, did you use any spacer on the axle , im planning doing this on my yz 250 05 but with top and bottom clamp from a yz450 06 but the fork and the axle that i will not change only the clamp top and bottom.

• MaxPower

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:35 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Im not positive about the offset and the forks being further apart but I do know that you will have to make a mount to hold the electrics

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.