oil pump problem

7 replies to this topic
  • mitchicle

Posted March 24, 2009 - 07:36 PM

03 YZ450, took my oil pump off to inspect while i have it apart for another problem. When i bolted it back up and torqued it to manufacturers specs, I can't turn the oil pump at all. :lol: What am i missing? :usa: It turned fairly easy before. Any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

• DRZ04

Posted March 24, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Double check your assembly you may have a washer/shim installed in the wrong place.

• mitchicle

Posted March 24, 2009 - 08:35 PM

I've had it apart twice and from what i can tell it's good. Obviously theres something screwed up. I didn't completely pull apart the pump assembly, i just pulled the oil pump off and checked the internal pump.

• grayracer513

Posted March 24, 2009 - 08:39 PM

Remove it and double-check the two rotors in the case are assembled correctly and the drive pin is in place, and that no foreign materials are present.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mitchicle

Posted March 27, 2009 - 11:12 AM

I took some pictures of everything. I flipped the internal rotor around and now it seems to be fine. Could this have caused my issue?? Also is my oil pump toast or what? it has some wear on it but the pictures make it look worse than it is.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for all your replies this site is great because of the people who help. :thumbsup:

• rookie23

Posted March 27, 2009 - 11:30 AM

it's your bike bro, but i think i would change it. they are not that expensive and it looks to have some pretty good marks on it:ride:

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2009 - 01:38 PM

You should be able to get by with the wear in the case, but I would replace the feed pump, return pump, drive pin, and clip:

• 5TA-13300-00-00 OIL PUMP ASSY
  • 5TA-13320-00-00 ROTOR ASSY 2
  • 93603-16219-00 PIN, DOWEL
  • 93440-10153-00 CIRCLIP

The wear/damage looks excessive.

• mitchicle

Posted March 27, 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Gray, thats what i figured. I'll order one next week. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.