I checked mine...(throttle slide) have you??

2 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 13, 2002 - 05:15 PM

Well, after logging around 3,000 or so miles on my 99 WR and reading numerous posts about the throttle slide plate cracking I thought I might check mine out. Espically since I have never had the trhottle stop in, UNTILL NOW! (thanks Bryan H.)

For all that slapping agianst the top of the carb I thought it looked pretty good. I guess I got lucky eh? :)
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted August 13, 2002 - 07:51 PM

Looks good...

Make sure you put the slide plate back in right side up (as shown). A few have put it back in upside down and wonder why their bikes run terribly afterwards. :)

• dkwok

Posted August 13, 2002 - 08:22 PM

hi,
yes, a few of our wr4 1998/99models have got tis slide cracking abit, we fitted steel ones & the problem have gone away, but we still check them once in awhile? we knew not why???
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.