Thinking about buying 2008 CRF450R - need some advise please

21 replies to this topic
  • LAndrew

Posted March 26, 2009 - 07:08 AM


The border has to be notified 72 hours in advance. There can be no outstanding recalls not applied to the vehicle. There are some forms etc etc etc.

You are supposed to get a NVIS ($200) for a vehicle, but if it is staying on private land or a farm then that is not a problem though you may have to argue that point if they dont know what a dirt bike or a farm is.

There are tons of sites out there on how to do it.

We picked up a new 07 Rancher 420 in 2007 and saved over $2K, now its not so hot with the exchange. A $4500US bike is going to be over $5500CDN if you ever take it off road add $200 for the NVIS.

Just dont mess with the border people, they have more rights than any police officer. The Coutts border is pretty good though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husqy360

Posted March 27, 2009 - 01:10 AM


thx man ill look into it

Related Content


Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • * * * * *
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.