Clutch? Tusk, White Bros, Barnett, Hinson?

6 replies to this topic
  • nickeenoo

Posted March 23, 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hi All,

I need to replace the plates and springs in my clutch. I know Hinson is considered the best. Has anyone used Tusk, White Bros, Barnett, OEM, or any other brands and what were your thoughts?

• rookie23

Posted March 23, 2009 - 06:06 AM

i put white bros in my yz450 and it is pretty smooth, a friend of mine bought the tusk because they were cheaper and he seems to be happy with it

• 02WR426Cali

Posted March 23, 2009 - 06:11 AM

Tusk makes quality parts and tools. I've never used their clutch (haven't needed one yet) but I would not hesitate on trying one due to the other parts I've used

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nickeenoo

Posted March 23, 2009 - 06:37 AM

How do the clutches hold up? Do they seem to last at least as well as stock?

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2009 - 07:03 AM

OEM plates, or Hinson/GYT-R. Stock springs.

• rookie23

Posted March 23, 2009 - 08:37 AM

well neither set is very old, mine is about 4 months old and his is only about 2, i don't see any reason tho think either would fail early, anything will break if abused enough, if i had to do over i would buy the tusk, it works as well as anything and quite a bit cheaper

• mxdude1986

Posted March 23, 2009 - 08:37 AM

Go with some stiffer springs i put some HD springs on my clutch and made a night/day difference.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.