wr 400 won't idle

Had this problem a couple times last year went away. now bike starts runs on choke but stalls out when you take choke off . as long as you give it gas it will run. let off throttle she dies . any ideas ????

took carb off. removed bowl was clean inside. removed pilot screw ran some seafoam through it seemed open squirted other holes and jets all seemed open. put carb back on still will not idle only starts with choke on took for a ride any time you let go of throttle pops and wants to die

Last time I had similar problem I used compress air and carb cleaner to clean out the pilot jet. Make sure you take out the pilot jet, hold it up to a light source and can see through the small opening. That's the only way to ensure the small hole is not clogged.

are you sure you're removing the pilot jet to clean it? It's the one deep inside its hole. There's another jet next to the main that much easier to get to, but it's something else, I'm not real sure what.

The pilot jet should have a main hole down the middle and some small holes on the side. You should be able to see thru all of them.

Well , cleaned pilot and all passages with cleaner and air even blew smoke through to make sure still would not idle. When I came home today my son was looking at manual and took carb off again and found the pilot air jet was clogged . bike is idling. did not take it for a ride didnot want to get wet today. Thanks for all the help