2000 WR400F shock

3 replies to this topic
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted February 22, 2003 - 03:44 PM

Where can I find an oil seal kit for the rear shock and what is suggested psi. for the nitrogen. Really do not want to pay Yamaha OEM price.

• sabin

Posted February 22, 2003 - 10:05 PM

I do not think you can find yamaha oem oil seal, not for the 426 though. www.racetech.com sell them and also complete seal head assembly. There is some issue on the kayaba's seal head being pressed and very hard to disassemble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted February 23, 2003 - 03:31 PM

You don't want to replace yourself without the proper equipment to refill the shock reservoir with nitrogen. Better to let a professional do it. Any local suspension shop should be up to the task.

• RCannon

Posted February 23, 2003 - 04:54 PM

The work is not that hard to do. The nitrogen is available at the local shop. I paid 5.00 to have them fill my shock back up to 140 psi.

The instructions here are great. http://dirtrider.net...ch/mx-tech.html

I am not saying I would re-valve without some outside help (who knows where to start???), but a simple oil change or rebuild is not to bad. Maybe the level of a two stroke top end job.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.