New Member With 02 YZ 426 Fuel and Plastics ?'s

4 replies to this topic
  • FastGM500

Posted March 21, 2009 - 08:54 PM

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 21, 2009 - 11:16 PM

I just bought an 02 YZ426F today!! It is a very awsome bike, even though I have only ridden it in small 1 acre yard for about an hour.

I was looking for plastic kits and none were listed for the 02 model. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a complete platics kit from. What type of fuel do I need to run in it? The previous owner used a 50-50 mix of VP 10 race fuel and 93 octane. Would 93 octane by itself be fine? The race fuel mix smells good :thumbsup:

I have a hard time keeping the wheel on the ground!

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TIG88

Posted March 22, 2009 - 05:43 AM

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

• FastGM500

Posted March 22, 2009 - 07:31 AM

$270?!

I bought the box set of UFO plastics for my 03 450 and it was 118 shipped. They all fit fine.

Not doubting you, just curious as to your reasoning?

I just run whatever 91/93 octane is the closest. Never had any pinging.

I got UFO plastics for my 01. You are better off just buying each plastic separate for these older bikes. It cost me $270 at my local shop with 20% off discount. Few people in the forum run ace gas. Your best bet is to just run chevron/76 premium. Not cheap stuff like valero or arco. Have fun, I love mine and would never give it up.

The only plastics I could find in a kit are 03-05 model from Acerbis and Polisports its like $125 I can buy them seperatley but I think that would cost a little more than getting a kit.

• TIG88

Posted March 22, 2009 - 02:02 PM

I got a UFO kit off ebay

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.