O-ring..... Carb Leaking Gas

7 replies to this topic
  • gator4life108

Posted March 21, 2009 - 04:06 PM

Ok, so I have the usual carb pissing gas out of the bottom of it......I have mine apart looking for this o-ring that everyone talks about that is the usual problem.

Where the heck should it be, Im a noob at this, I've looked over the parts manual and Im not seeing anything.

Thanks

• William1

Posted March 21, 2009 - 05:14 PM

The oring is under the float needle seat. Parat of part #25

Posted Image

• gator4life108

Posted March 21, 2009 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

That's what I thought, just I couldn't find a way to get it out.....

Thanks for the clarification tho.

• Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2009 - 07:59 AM

Take out screw No 26 and the float seat will just pull out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vfr661

Posted March 22, 2009 - 06:53 PM

Instead of buying the whole float needle set for $50+, I replace the o-ring for $0.50 and solve the gas leak problem. After you take out the float needle set, inspect it and figure out what needs replacing. Most of the time it's only the o-ring that needs to be replaced. However, Yamaha do not sell each piece individually. Go to a reputable motorcycle shop do repair and they should be able to sell you the o-ring for under a buck. That's what I did and thought I share.

• Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2009 - 09:35 PM

Instead of buying the whole float needle set for $50+, I replace the o-ring for $0.50 and solve the gas leak problem. After you take out the float needle set, inspect it and figure out what needs replacing. Most of the time it's only the o-ring that needs to be replaced. However, Yamaha do not sell each piece individually. Go to a reputable motorcycle shop do repair and they should be able to sell you the o-ring for under a buck. That's what I did and thought I share.

If the shop you go to doesn't have it, they can order it from Sudco.

• gator4life108

Posted March 23, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

quick question on the parts diagram ....what is part number 39......i have it on my carb but no idea what its for...it looks like a knob.....

Thanks,

• Dan250

Posted March 23, 2009 - 08:32 PM

That would be the knob to adjust your idle speed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.