Whoooo done did it

3 replies to this topic
  • flyer05

Posted March 21, 2009 - 02:50 PM

Had a couple of days off so decided to rebuild the top end of my WR 400 (2000)
new timing chain, 420 cylinder and piston, hotcams and yz header.
Just got her running and man do I like that auto de-compression. Easy starting now. Jetting stayed the same just had to turn it 1/4 turn on the idle and all is well.
I am stoked, can't wait to go on a good ride now. Feels like a new bike, can't quite get on it hard yet but break in should not take too long.

Oh and don't drop the half moon valve cover clip down the timing chain into the case. Creates a wee bit of a cussing storm.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 21, 2009 - 03:52 PM

Had a couple of days off so decided to rebuild the top end of my WR 400 (2000)
new timing chain, 420 cylinder and piston, hotcams and yz header.
Just got her running and man do I like that auto de-compression. Easy starting now. Jetting stayed the same just had to turn it 1/4 turn on the idle and all is well.
I am stoked, can't wait to go on a good ride now. Feels like a new bike, can't quite get on it hard yet but break in should not take too long.

Oh and don't drop the half moon valve cover clip down the timing chain into the case. Creates a wee bit of a cussing storm.

IMHO, you need to get on it hard, to seat the rings. Just do it in cycles.

Flame suit on.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kingquad450

Posted March 21, 2009 - 04:57 PM

I can't believe you didn't have to change jet after the increase in cc's

• flyer05

Posted March 21, 2009 - 05:45 PM

I might have been a little rich prior. Although it ran great. Time will tell, but so far it runs good. Just the idle screw need a little more.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.