Installing lights on a 2002 yz426

4 replies to this topic
  • RCJIM

Posted March 21, 2009 - 11:01 AM

Anyone here done this, i heard that the yz uses the same wire harness as the wr so there should be a place near the bars to hook the lights into, do the yz and wr use the same stater, etc..

• grayracer513

Posted March 21, 2009 - 03:11 PM

You heard wrong. The YZF and WR use two different complete electrical systems, stators, flywheels, etc. The YZF stator will not drive lights of any kind, and in order to use a WR stator with a YZF CDI, the stator has to be rewired.

The WR parts do fit the YZ, however.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike_dean

Posted March 21, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Try Baja Designs for the complete kit, probably save you some money.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Gray, when you say rewired, what do you mean?

I am putting a WR stator and flywheel in my yz426f, and after doing research on here, i found all that was needed was to float the pink wire.. Is this not correct?

• grayracer513

Posted March 22, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Gray, when you say rewired, what do you mean?

I am putting a WR stator and flywheel in my yz426f, and after doing research on here, i found all that was needed was to float the pink wire.. Is this not correct?

That is the rewiring that's needed. Not rewinding, just a minor bit of rewiring.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.