Edelbrock issue maybe?

3 replies to this topic
  • dickm

Posted March 21, 2009 - 08:11 AM

Installed new carb; worked awesome for 30minutes. Bike started surging, now it will idle and run at WOT only, w/ minor smoke,unrideable. I corrected 2 small exhaust leaks. 1/4-3/4 throttle does wild pump surges. I noticed that the accelerator pump adjustment screw had worked itself loose to 3 or 4 turns; I returned it to the factory setting, still crazy rpm surges. Could something inside the accelerator pump fallen off with the extra turns of the screw? Or could the whole motor happen to have grenaded

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 21, 2009 - 02:03 PM

Installed new carb; worked awesome for 30minutes. Bike started surging, now it will idle and run at WOT only, w/ minor smoke,unrideable. I corrected 2 small exhaust leaks. 1/4-3/4 throttle does wild pump surges. I noticed that the accelerator pump adjustment screw had worked itself loose to 3 or 4 turns; I returned it to the factory setting, still crazy rpm surges. Could something inside the accelerator pump fallen off with the extra turns of the screw? Or could the whole motor happen to have grenaded

Which needle are you using, and how many turns out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dickm

Posted March 21, 2009 - 05:06 PM

K-7 12 clicks/ oops just fixed it. the needle adjuster assembly was loose. Added locktite to the outer threads; back to works fine

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 21, 2009 - 07:44 PM

Cool.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.