power bomb pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted March 19, 2009 - 01:38 PM

use i o5 450 for green laning just wondering if its worth me fitting a power bomb front pipe?
how much of a difference will i notice :)

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 20, 2009 - 09:10 PM

use i o5 450 for green laning just wondering if its worth me fitting a power bomb front pipe?
how much of a difference will i notice :thumbsup:

Absolutely no difference in performance. I have one and can tell you for sure.

What you will notice however, is the cost of the bill for replacing that header pipe once you dent it.

Save your money.

• minty0_10

Posted March 21, 2009 - 11:47 PM

ok cheers :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450FGreg

Posted March 22, 2009 - 01:38 PM

Absolutely no difference in performance. I have one and can tell you for sure.

I must agree with mauricedorris on this one. I felt no seat-of-the-pants difference when I fitted mine either.

Mind you, I suspect that a dynograph would tell a different story, why else would the pros be using them? (Ok, maybe because they are sponsored by the pipe company, but the jury is out on that one.)

From my experience a Powerbomb header won't transform your bike's performance, but bling-wise they are worth their weight in gold! :thumbsup:

Greg

• DrBosa

Posted March 23, 2009 - 03:07 AM

Not to forget, they also burn holes in your pants.

• WR450FGreg

Posted March 23, 2009 - 01:45 PM

Not to forget, they also burn holes in your pants.

Aftermarket, yes. The OEM YZ450F powerbomb header doesn't though.
The heat guard is in the same position as a non-powerbomb item, ie. it doesn't poke out any further.

My advice: If you can find a cheap one, buy it. If you can't then forget it. Don't pay retail for one.
I got a complete, new, '09 YZ450F system for $Aus120 (about $US80) off eBay.
Shop around and bide your time.

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.