Hour meter question...

7 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted March 19, 2009 - 09:36 AM

I have a SenDEC Shop Tach installed on my yz, but I didn't install it until I already had aprox 15 hrs on the bike already...
Since the hour/tach keeps track of total bike running time, I was wondering if anyone knows a way I could add the 15 hrs to the meter???

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 19, 2009 - 09:47 AM

I would hook it up to a lawn mower or just anything that would throw a spark until it reached the desired hours.

Other than that I dont know how you can by just setting it to run up hours itself.:)

• Aka.Goose

Posted March 19, 2009 - 10:27 AM

I guess I could just hook it up to a spark plug cable in my car and let my commutes add time to it?

• 642MX

Posted March 19, 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yes, that would work too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davek18

Posted March 19, 2009 - 06:27 PM

If you go too far by mistake you can drive in reverse to count backwards. Right? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• Aka.Goose

Posted March 20, 2009 - 07:44 AM

Yeah that would suck to forget about it and add too many...
I could see it now...
me, "No, I swear there's only 35 hours on the bike"
buyer, "Then why does it say on here it has 75 hours?"

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Just for S&G, has anyone take one of these gizmos and wound the trigger wire around an 110v AC cord connected to, say, an electric fan to see if that will cause it to run up time?

• Aka.Goose

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:31 AM

Just tried it...No, it didn't register anything using a fan...I'm going to go put it in the car now...
UPDATE: Works fine on the car, two zip ties, done deal...I'll just pull it off after 10hrs driving...

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.