Case cover removal

4 replies to this topic
  • blbusenbark

Posted March 19, 2009 - 09:12 AM

I have a small hole in the cover of my left side case (shifter side) and was having a problem with the removal. I took out ever bolt and the torqe gear. Any body know what I missed?

• matt4x4

Posted March 19, 2009 - 11:44 AM

depends where the hole is - the left side does not have a full cover like the right side does - it's only partial, if it's outside of the area that covers the stator, then it's actually your engine/transmission case that has the hole in it and you'll need to split your motor completely to remove the case half.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dav810

Posted March 19, 2009 - 05:26 PM

On the part of the cover that covers the starter, there is a cap over it with a little mark on the top if it. Pull that off and the starter clutch will fall out. There is a bolt behind there.

• DrBosa

Posted March 23, 2009 - 03:13 AM

Is the problem you can't get the cover off, or what? If so, Dav810 above has a point. It is easy to miss the case bolt in the idler gear cavity.

• Dav810

Posted March 23, 2009 - 06:26 PM

This is the bolt hole I was talking about. I had to change the cover gasket so I took this picture to show you the hidden bolt.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.