jetting and needle for YZ timed WR

3 replies to this topic
  • racemile

Posted February 21, 2003 - 12:37 PM

I need some recco's on needle and jetting after I go to YZ timing on the WR. Dodger, I am very interested in any feedback you may have on this subject.

I know you were happy with the change and I am wondering what needle and jetting you settled on.

Thanks in advance for your help guys

• Bambislayer

Posted February 21, 2003 - 05:46 PM

i can only assume you have either a 400 or 426 since the 450 has not been proven to run ok with the yz timing. if so, I have had success with the stock yz setup. this basically consists of tweaking the fuel screw and replacing the needle and the main jet with yz spec parts. do the grey wire mod too and remove the restrictions in the airbox and exhaust and you have a good setup to start with!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted February 21, 2003 - 08:16 PM

Yo Racemile, :D what's up!

My setup is based upon Hicks advice, and good advice it was. EKQ needle, and am currently running clip 4 out at Berthoud. But will be at clip 3 for the summer in the hills I'm guessing.

PJ: 42, 40 in summer.
MJ: 158, but will be back to the 150 when it gets warmer and elevation goes up.
PScrew: Um, whateve is working at the time.........

It's what's working for me at this point, hope it get's you close!!

You riding Idaho in June? May be my first enduro :)...

Dodger :D :D

• racemile

Posted February 24, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the help. I dont know about Idaho yet. I am gonna have to see how the bike runs in testing before I make any commitments. But, I do want to do an enduro this year.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.