Quick weight loss for the WR450

33 replies to this topic
  • Stunner

Posted February 22, 2003 - 05:43 PM

I am going to remove the e-start on my bike. After all been riding these things since 98 and they really weren't hard to start before. Now they are even easier. How is this going to be done. My plan is to buy the left hand case from a YZ450. No special plates are necessary and the part isn't very spendy. Once the part comes in I will let you know the total weight savings and any problems I encounter. Hopefully, I will get my issue of MXA before I start the project and will get some tips from them so I'm not doing it on my own entirely.

• Superbike

Posted February 22, 2003 - 06:31 PM

Come to Michigan and lets Rock!

I am here! When and where? ----Mike

• The_Blue_One

Posted February 22, 2003 - 07:00 PM

Thats how i was going to do it if i ditched the e-start.Any ideas on if you'll need anything else?Please keep us posted.

• xr600r

Posted February 22, 2003 - 07:28 PM

This thread is making me sleepy :)

• john450f

Posted February 22, 2003 - 07:38 PM

beezer, a yz and wr!? you spoiled little--er, wish I was you. Did 50 miles in the woods today on my wr. Maybe the bike isn't perfect in every way but the more I ride it the more impressed I am with it. I'm riding longer wheelies than ever and this thing flat tracks like a champ. the wr is the bike for me- get it licensed + super off road.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 22, 2003 - 09:42 PM

I can still do 73 MPH and out run a WR450 any day.

That's funny! :)

I will out ride 90% of the guys on the WRs.

That's really funny!! :D

I have added a kickstand, Panorama Odometer, 909 hand guards, 4 oz flywheel weight, FMF Q, coolant overflow

If you're going to do all that you should have bought the WR 450F.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!! :D hahaha

good times.........

• beezer

Posted February 23, 2003 - 03:01 AM

I'm gonna take the estart from the WR and put it on the YZ cause the YZ is too light and the WR is to heavy.

And then I'm gonna......... I know shut up beezer. :)

There is a method to the madness, I never keep a bike for more than 2 years. I get usally a 1000 less than I paid for the bikes new.

And if I'm a little short on cash I knock over a few liquor stores.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr250rr

Posted February 23, 2003 - 03:49 AM

Stunner, that a killer idea. Are you sure the cover's are the same? Does the YZ have that same wire pass through behind the oil fill.

• tad69

Posted February 23, 2003 - 06:00 AM

Yeah.Well mine is bigger than yours! :)

Posted February 23, 2003 - 06:34 AM

There is some serious bench racing going on here.....If just half of you guys would get off the bench and out on the race course the rest of us just might have a little competition out here.....

Very intertaining thread..... LMAO

Bonzai :)

• beezer

Posted February 23, 2003 - 08:15 AM

Love to but there's 2 feet of snow out there.

• wrenduro450

Posted February 23, 2003 - 10:15 AM

well i have had both bikes loved them . Both are fast :) I would have to say that my wr450 will better the top half of the 90 % I'm always looking for a good race. email and we can hook up and show ya what a wr450 with a AA ride can do . Thanks :D

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 23, 2003 - 10:25 PM

The best way to improve your power to weight ratio is to just go on a diet, or if you really want to drop weight remove your front wheel and forks and just ride on the back wheel. Ok, just thought I would add my no sence to all this nonsence.

• beezer

Posted February 24, 2003 - 05:41 AM

"No sense makes sense" Charlie Manson 1967

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.