got the wr 400 running now have small carb issues

No replies to this topic
  • yellowsnow

Posted March 18, 2009 - 03:39 PM

i got it running after alot of carb cleaning because it sat so long everything was clogged. now it runs good except when you blip the throttle it has a huge hesitation and pops bad on deseleration. i know TT has a carb jetting section, but after this carb being clogged i think it could be some of this extra stuff that this carb has on it. i cleaned all jets, new float needle assymbly, and cleaned passageways but didn't mess with anything else. also how many turns on the pilot screw for a stock bike. is hard to adjust with the carb on. all other jetting should be right except the pilot. ive tried 2 turns and a half turn either way. but it idles perfect maybe i put that swing arm thing that goes from the throttle cables on wrong? thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.