60 Minutes 2 motocross show to air 2/26/03

12 replies to this topic
  • DaveJ

Posted February 21, 2003 - 08:33 AM

60 Minutes 2 motocross show to air 2/26/03

FYI

Racer X got a call from CBS 60 Minutes 2 producer Chris Martin to let us know that the popular news program's highly anticipated feature on motocross and supercross will air on Wednesday night, February 26, at 9:00 p.m. (EST). According to Martin, it's "motocross at the 100 level," an introduction to "a cultural phenomenon." Some of the industry people appearing will include multi-time champions Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, and Rick Johnson, FMX hero Kenny Bartram, and Ken Faught, the editor of Dirt Rider magazine. Check your local listings for more.

• MOmilkman

Posted February 21, 2003 - 10:27 AM

Saaaa-Weet!

I hadnt heard anything about it...

thanks for the heads up.

• wr250rr

Posted February 21, 2003 - 10:55 AM

you da man.
thanx bro

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted February 21, 2003 - 11:28 AM

Don't expect this to be a all positive report from these folks. These are the same guys attaching flares to the outside the frame rails fuel tanks on Chevy trucks before running the 'crash test' for the cameras.
They will end up saying something way off base and p***ing off everybody.
Remember this is 'infotainment' and not news reporting.

• MOmilkman

Posted February 21, 2003 - 11:38 AM

Ya, your probably right.

They could make mother theresa look like jacko.

• BruceWA

Posted February 21, 2003 - 11:59 AM

Zaknavage, my sentiments exactly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pdx_drz400

Posted February 21, 2003 - 01:55 PM

you got that right! if 60min is on it, there's got to be some controversey. I hear that it will focus on the explosive popularity of sx and freestyle and the subsequent rise in injuries to children drawn to the sport.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 22, 2003 - 02:41 AM

I missed the show. But apparently Davy Combs spent a lot of time with these folks. He pretty much changed there mind on what motocross was all about.

I think they were going to try to do a "slam" story. But davy invited them to a track to watch practice. The film crew were amazed at the level of talent, skill, and phisical ability it tool to do that.

Hopefully the show reflected that.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 22, 2003 - 02:46 AM

Oops its next wednsday isn't it. I thought it was last wed. Its early. Im not awake yet. :)

• Fryboy

Posted February 22, 2003 - 04:31 AM

LOL YZman400

Not even awake and already thinking about Thumpertalk huh? You must be addicted too!

Fryboy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 22, 2003 - 08:44 PM

Reading RacerX, it sounds like the show will be postponed. CBS plans to report on the recent nightclub tragedies.

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted February 23, 2003 - 10:36 PM

I for one will check it out if its on positive or negative just to see what’s up.

• ddialogue

Posted February 26, 2003 - 04:56 PM

Cancelled for the Sodamninsane interview. Crap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.