One more queston on the grey wire

25 replies to this topic
  • The_Blue_One

Posted February 27, 2003 - 08:34 PM

The PIC was showing a 03 wr450.They may have changed the wire colors.

• Fryboy

Posted February 28, 2003 - 03:53 AM

Chaindrive,

You are correct about the grey wire being in alone in the black connector with the black/white wire.

From what I can see there are a few different methods Yamaha used for the harness. I saw a picture of our exact set up on this website : (click on each pic to expand)
http://www.garlic.co...free_mods_2.htm

Hope this helps,
Fryboy

• Chaindrive

Posted February 28, 2003 - 06:53 AM

That's a big relief, Fryboy! Thanks! Until I actually looked, I had no idea there were that many wires coming out of that little black box. Then I was wondering "Did age discolor it?" or "Has age made me color blind?" :D

I have been slowly finding various goodies for this bike for a year now, just waiting for this DOT thing to resolve. I decided not to wait anymore and will be doing the grey wire, 450 cam, jetting, exhaust, Jamesnow! along with painting my frame and putting on the new plastics,YZ tank and seat, skid plate, alum subframe and frame guards. All in one (more) teardown.

It will be my substitute for a WR450. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted February 28, 2003 - 08:05 AM

"has age made me color blind" LOL !!!! That is funny chaindrive. I thought the same thing for a second. One wire from 6 pin black connector looked grey but actually more light brown to me. Then I came across the garlic website and was glad I was unable to get the light brown wire out or I woulda screwed up.

Fryboy

• danielg

Posted April 20, 2003 - 01:01 PM

HI i just cut the grey wire on my 03 wr450 and put the tank and stuff back on and now it won't run. I'm really sure i cut the right one!.... HELP I need advice on what to do in order to get it up and running again? :D Any helpfull suggestions are welcome.. :) THanks!

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 20, 2003 - 03:55 PM

Reconnect the gray wire and make sure it starts. Then disconnect it and while the engine is still warm try to restart it. If it wont start you have something else diconnected or cut the wrong wire. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.