Attention NJ riders

7 replies to this topic
  • njracer

Posted February 21, 2003 - 05:26 AM

Just in case ya didn't know, Raceway Park in Old Bridge, NJ will re-open it's practice tracks on February 28, 2003...WEATHER permitting!

• wr250rr

Posted February 21, 2003 - 01:42 PM

Please post again to confirm if they will be open. I need to ride soon.
I bet that RC51 is a blast. I gota gixxer 1000.
Nothing beats a 4th gear wheelie at 130 mph. :)

• njracer

Posted February 24, 2003 - 04:50 AM

They still are scheduled to open on the 28th but the cold weather and pending SNOW that were gonna get on Thursday looks to keep it closed for another week.

Oh well...looks like a few more weeks till we can ride. :) You can call Raceway Park at 732-446-6331.

BTW - Good luck with the bud has the 1000 and as soon as it gets warm, I'm gonna try it out. Would like to see the diff between my 750 and RC.

BTW - Are you on

• beezer

Posted February 24, 2003 - 05:16 AM

It dosn't snow in New Jersey does it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crazythumpin

Posted February 25, 2003 - 02:15 AM

Nah...It don't snow here...its just all that sugar sand. :)

• wr250rr

Posted February 25, 2003 - 12:16 PM

No Im not on I'll check it out .
If you want, I'll ride theRC for you. :) so you can compare.
Thanks for the number.

• njracer

Posted February 25, 2003 - 12:26 PM

>>No Im not on I'll check it out .
If you want, I'll ride theRC for you. so you can compare.
Thanks for the number.<<

If I knew ya and you had the money to buy the bike I would have no problem. All of my close friends have taken my bikes out for a spin. Sometimes with less than 100mi on them. My friend with the 1000 does NOT even want to ride it since it would cost a nice chunk of change to rebuild. Them Ohlin forks and shock add a nice amount to the bill ya know.

On the other hand, I really could care less about the 2000's more of a disposable bike to me vs. the RC.

BTW - Aside from the "squids" there is a good group of guys from NY, NJ & CT who do a bunch of rides during the season up to Harriman and the surrounding area.

• wr250rr

Posted February 25, 2003 - 03:33 PM

I just moved here from Fla so I don't know where everybody goes around here, But maybe when it warms up I'll hunt you down and we'll go riding. If I still have my gixxer that is.I have it in the trader.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.