WR450 Throttle Stop

4 replies to this topic
  • Roger_H

Posted February 21, 2003 - 04:50 AM

Are there any negative effects from cutting the throttle stop screw too short? I cut way more than 11MM off of mine.

Also, found a neat way to get a little more air in the airbox. The black cover on the right side of the airbox can be removed by drilling out two rivits. Once it is off drill several 1 inch holes in the air box. You enduro guys might not want to do this because the chance of getting more crud in the airbox but for a dual sporter like me it might help.

• yamaharichey

Posted February 21, 2003 - 10:57 AM

The only possibility that I know of is it might let the slide come up so high that it will get stuck, I don't know if that has really happened to anyone though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted February 21, 2003 - 01:17 PM

The other negative possiblility I heard of is overreving the motor.

• wr250rr

Posted February 21, 2003 - 01:36 PM

The TPS may send inaccurate info to the brain

• Motorod

Posted February 21, 2003 - 04:51 PM

Mine is too short, and it does not get stuck. I have not had a chance to ride, except for the driveway so I don't know about other problems as others have stated here. I have heard the same storys though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.