Post Pics Of Your 426

100 replies to this topic
  • gumbellion

Posted June 15, 2009 - 06:54 PM

gumbellion what are you running for gearing?

Hey 426 rider
When im running on the street for daily use i run a 15/45. It maxes out right around 100mph. Its a little tall when taking off so it takes a little extra riding on the clutch, but is still a hooligan machine and works well on the freeway. Your bike looks SICK with the black frame. I cant wait until this winter to tear my bike apart!

• rufusz

Posted June 15, 2009 - 10:57 PM

Here is my 99 400. Don't mind the front brake cable it has since been re-routed LOL

Posted Image

Very nice bike. Where did you get the graphics from?

• ryan2214

Posted June 16, 2009 - 05:52 AM

I got them at http://www.fludesigns.com/. Very good price.

Ryan

• yz_for_me

Posted June 16, 2009 - 08:36 AM

My '01. Gone now. sniff sniff

Posted Image

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 10:32 AM

Its cool if it doesn't bother you, but any auto-decompression 426 will start faster than a 426 with a lever.... flooded or not. :thumbsup:

I have to disagree. I can start my bike cold faster then my brothers auto decomp bike, and mine has alot of more wear and tear on it, and probably alot more hours.

• grayracer513

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:00 AM

I have to disagree. I can start my bike cold faster then my brothers auto decomp bike, and mine has alot of more wear and tear on it, and probably alot more hours.

Probably in better tune, and the probable fact is that you can probably start his bike better than him. I can start my son's bike in a single kick dead cold every time; he can't (because he won't listen to me :lol: ).

The fact is that an AD bike starts faster for the simple reason that there is no routine (other than twist or no twist, choke or no choke, hot start or not) to follow, and no set up. You just kick it from wherever it happens to be, and that's that. I will already have mine running by the time you're ready to kick yours for the first time, and I have a bottle of Becks that says so. :thumbsup:

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:11 AM

IDK. I am 125lbs and he is 150lbs, and has owned a 426 a few more years. Must be that mines in tune? I just walk up to my bike, choke/fuel on, press compression release, go down an inch (takes 2 seconds literally), go up and kick, starts right up.

• 642MX

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:16 AM

Auto decompression bikes will start quicker than you can find TDC. All I have to do is pull the kick starter out and give it one swift kick and she's lit..... You just can't do that with a manual decomp release.

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:51 AM

Auto decompression bikes will start quicker than you can find TDC. All I have to do is pull the kick starter out and give it one swift kick and she's lit..... You just can't do that with a manual decomp release.

I usually put where I just get on and kick. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:55 AM

I usually put where I just get on and kick. :lol:

:lol: So you find TDC after you get done riding?.... How convenient! :lol:

If manual decompression lever's are so great, Yamaha would still be putting them on the YZF's. Want to take a guess as why they no longer come with them? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 16, 2009 - 11:59 AM

He's in denial. Just trying to justify not doing the mod.

People who are content with manual decompression and/or are skilled at getting their bike started with it are entirely free to stay in their comfort zone if they want. The annoying thing is to listen to them try to sell the ridiculous notion that manual decompression could ever be faster or simpler, all things being equal. It's like saying the sun rises in the north. You can say it all you want; it changes nothing.

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 12:02 PM

There not better, id love to have auto decomp. But its not worth the conversion unless your already tearing it apart. I wouldnt put in a new cam IF I got a 03' yz450f one for free.

• 642MX

Posted June 16, 2009 - 12:13 PM

There not better, id love to have auto decomp.

Ok, so you admit auto-decomp is the way to go?.... :thumbsup:

I wouldnt put in a new cam IF I got a 03' yz450f one for free.

Wait a minute..... you just said you would love to have it. :lol:

But its not worth the conversion unless your already tearing it apart.

It takes 20 minutes to do the cam swap. If you replace your timing chain at the same time, it takes an hour.

I'm done debating this. Your not making any sense and my free time is better spent helping those who want to learn.

• 642MX

Posted June 16, 2009 - 12:22 PM

Back to the pics!

Here is one of me pretending I have a trials bike. And yes, I made it over the rock.... thank heavens for Rekluses.

Posted Image

And here is one of me finishing off a rear tire on a huge piece of rock. The poor 756 didn't stand a chance....hahaha

Posted Image

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 12:31 PM

Ok, so you admit auto-decomp is the way to go?.... :thumbsup:

Wait a minute..... you just said you would love to have it. :lol:

It takes 20 minutes to do the cam swap. If you replace your timing chain at the same time, it takes an hour.

I'm done debating this. Your not making any sense and my free time is better spent helping those who want to learn.

It is the way to go. I never worked on my yz426f motor yet, so I thought it would take longer, and I would have to shim it?

If it was really 20 minutes work for a yz426f noob, I would do it, if I had one.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted June 16, 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hey 426 rider
When im running on the street for daily use i run a 15/45. It maxes out right around 100mph. Its a little tall when taking off so it takes a little extra riding on the clutch, but is still a hooligan machine and works well on the freeway. Your bike looks SICK with the black frame. I cant wait until this winter to tear my bike apart!

Jeeze!! I am running the same gearing (pretty sure its 45, might be 44) and i can only get maybe 85 max out of it! Motor has a fresh top end too! I am 215lbs so maybe that is slowing me down a little bit?

• 350warrior

Posted June 16, 2009 - 08:56 PM

I think my 14/44 does 85? Im 125lbs.
I need some more parts, but gotta wait til I get some more money.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rude Riders

Posted June 17, 2009 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

• gumbellion

Posted June 18, 2009 - 05:41 AM

Jeeze!! I am running the same gearing (pretty sure its 45, might be 44) and i can only get maybe 85 max out of it! Motor has a fresh top end too! I am 215lbs so maybe that is slowing me down a little bit?

Sorry I forgot to add that i pulled a wr transmission/gearing swap. I doubt your weight would slow you down a noticeable amount because you'll be able to red line that bike in top gear even if you weight 350. Search on here and check around on e-bay for the wr transmission swap. Its the best bang for the buck mod for street use by far and it is pretty cheap and easy to do if you take your time. You can even order the OEM wr gears and i think there are a few that are the same in the yz and wr. there is days worth of reading material on it on here and some on supermotojunkie aswell

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:28 PM

I might just have to do that! I have a buddy that is a mechanic at a yammie dealer so we can do it no problem!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.