New style headlight better than the old style?

4 replies to this topic
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:51 PM

I need a new headlight assembly for my recently purchased 03. I was looking at an online microfiche and see the price for the newer style (07 on) assemblies are only $17.00 more. Are there any advantages to the newer style? Also, does anyone know if the connector would be the same?

• diegox450

Posted March 19, 2009 - 04:07 PM

In a night ride last friday, I found that the old style light assembly is MUCH better than the newer one!! Bright and wide beam, with the standard lamp. The newer WR ('08) and a KLX450 with similar light were very poor..... I ride a 06...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted March 19, 2009 - 04:44 PM

In a night ride last friday, I found that the old style light assembly is MUCH better than the newer one!! Bright and wide beam, with the standard lamp. The newer WR ('08) and a KLX450 with similar light were very poor..... I ride a 06...

Thanks for the feedback. You make me feel a lot better about what I just did; I just bought a stocker from another member :)

• diegox450

Posted March 19, 2009 - 05:47 PM

BTW, KTM standard lighting is poor also....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greetings!!

• trailman006

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:34 PM

The bulb for the head light is a hi / low beam. I bought a switch assembly for a YFZ 450 on e-bay that has on /off,start and off/hi/low for the light. Did away with my on / of switch and can now turn my lights off too

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.