Rear Wheel Removal-Quick Rundown Please
Posted March 16, 2009 - 05:55 PM
Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:20 PM
2. Put bike up on stand/box so that rear wheel is off the ground.
3. Loosen axle nut out to the end of the thread.
4. Hit the end of the axle/nut lightly to move axle through about 1/2 inch.
5. Remove axle nut, washer and tensioner block.
6. Move tension block on opposite side out past the tension bolt. This will allow you to move the wheel forward to remove chain.
7. Ensure bike is in neutral, start removing the chain form the bottom of the back sprocket while turning the wheel forwards.
8. Take the weight of the wheel and remove the axle.
9. Remove wheel from swing arm being careful of rear brake.
Installation is the reverse. Ensure the wheel is pulled forward before tightening the axle nut. This can be done by putting a spanner in one of the teeth of the rear sprocket at the top and rotate the wheel backwards until the chain tensions.
Hope this helps.
Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:28 PM
Posted March 16, 2009 - 11:28 PM
Not sure on the nut size. I just use a big shifter (shifting spanner.... not sure what you guys in the US call them )