03 YZ450F, worth it or worthless?

4 replies to this topic
  • VPR_KLR

Posted March 16, 2009 - 05:34 PM

buddy of mine is getting rid of his barely ridden 03 YZ450 which he bought new.

bike is in great shape

wondering if this is a good bike or should I pass no matter how good the deal is?

worried about reliability and durability

• joethunder

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:03 PM

I have an 04 yz 450 and it has been great, I think the 03 was very similar. It would depend on if it had been maintained and how much he is asking for the bike.

I would guess it is worth $2000 to $2500. Although you would probably be able to get a newer 450 for $3000 to $4000.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pilfer8

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:06 PM

Mine has been great. Check all your bearings tho. And yes the red hot head pipe is normal.:)

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2009 - 07:09 PM

The bike does have some time on it, but in general, driveways, sundials and YZ450's are all about in the same category as far as reliability goes.

• witdogg

Posted March 16, 2009 - 11:27 PM

I bought a '03 new and rode it for about 3 years and never had a problem. It was one of the nest bikes I've ever owned.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.